As it becomes harder and harder to find top talent in Southern California, especially for our clients’ temporary workforce needs, we’ve done a little digging regarding what great workers expect in Orange and Los Angeles counties regarding pay rates.
Below are some pay rates for positions we typically fill (from Indeed.com):
- CSR, Anaheim: $13.82 (14 percent higher than national average)
- CSR, Aliso Viejo: $14.12 (16 percent higher)
- CSR, Brea: $14.11 (16 percent higher)
- CSR, Los Angeles (13.88 (14 percent higher)
- Forklift Operator, Anaheim: $13.52 (7 percent higher)
- Forklift Operator, Buena Park: $13.15 (meets national average)
- Forklift Operator, Commerce: $12.62 (meets national average)
- Forklift Operator, Los Angeles: $13.26 (meets national average
- Administrative Assistant, Anaheim, $16.05 (11 percent higher)
- Administrative Assistant, Aliso Viejo, $17.97 (24 percent higher)
- Administrative Assistant, Brea: $14.97 (meets national average)
- Administrative Assistant, Los Angeles: $16.44 (13 percent higher)
Meanwhile, down in San Diego, people in these positions are receiving:
- CSR: $14.05 (16 percent higher)
- Forklift Operator: $13.86 (10 percent higher)
- Administrative Assistant: $16.11 (11 percent above average)
All meet – even exceed – national averages. Which is proper considering that the cost of living in Orange County has an index of 187 (according to Sperling’s Best Places), with 100 considered to be the U.S. average). What’s more, Orange County’s housing index is a whopping 356. Los Angeles County’s overall cost of living index is 156 with its housing index at 283), still far above the average.
If you run or manage a business in Southern California, what are you noticing about how much the better employees in different job sectors are expecting in regards to pay? What’s the minimum they will accept?
If you’d like some help in deciding what the best pay rates will be for your temporary or regular workforce, contact us here at Helpmates. Our expertise (not-so-humble-brag) in the Southern California market is extraordinary and we’ll be happy to help you set rates that will help attract the best workers possible.